05 December 2005

The Home coming

A friend of mine is returning to India with his family after nearly 5 years in Singapore. I had initially thought he would be using public carriers to move his household items back to India and was a bit surprised when he informed that he was just relying on the 30 kgs per person allowance on the regular flights.

This is a real feat, considering the fact that we normally collect more than 30 kgs each time we visit India (and that is minimum once a year with atleast two visits from relatives and friends). I shudder to think the time when I would have to move back to India. I think we would end up leaving behind most of our stuff :))

10 comments:

Chakra Sampath said...

thats indeed an achievement of sorts..

Ram.C said...

sometime back, few of my friends moved things by container... hope u may end up like that... the only problem over there in India, is clearance of those containers without bribing.. if you have a person to clear it, then no issues.

JaganLee said...

I left back utensils and other stuff with which one can run a family. But carrying it back to India doesnt make any sense, as its not worth it.

Twin-Gemini said...

For me that would take 5 years of planning :-)

morisbencon9588 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

Me said...

happy new year pvs

hari said...

Hi PVS,

Vow. This friend of yours seems to have truly adopted the term "Simple Living" in the widest of its definitions.

WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006.

louisbencon8054 said...

Hey Meet Me Today I'm available in your area tonite GO HERE NOW!

alpha said...

seriously, I will use up that 30 kg limit ony for my shoes.

PVS said...

Update: My friend has gone back to India, and true to his word, he didn't exceed his 30 kg limit!!

I need to get his help when we plan our return!!!

Me: Thanks for your wishes.